Thursday, March 4, 2010

Food

This week as I was trying to figure out what "sweet" to make, it occurred to me that I had many options - unlike many people. Can you imagine not having the money to make some chocolate chip cookies? Or, even worse, not be able to afford dinner? I wonder how many times my neighbors eat meat during the week, due to lack of finances. Isn't it amazing how much of life is totally based on where you were born? We are blessed in so many ways. I pray that I remember that on a daily basis.

These thoughts reminded me of this email that I received a few years ago. I'm sure this isn't totally accurate now because of inflation. Kind of makes you think......

What does a weeks worth of food look like around the world?


Japan: The Ukita family of Kodaira City
Food expenditure for one week: 37,699 Yen or $317.25




Italy: The Manzo family of Sicily
Food expenditure for one week: 214.36 Euros or $260.11



Germany: The Melander family of Bargteheide
Food expenditure for one week: 375.39 Euros or $500.07



United States: The Revis family of North Carolina
Food expenditure for one week: $341.98



Mexico: The Casales family of Cuernavaca
Food expenditure for one week: 1,862.78 Mexican Pesos or $189.09



Poland: The Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-Jeziorna
Food expenditure for one week: 582.48 Zlotys or $151.27



Egypt: The Ahmed family of Cairo
Food expenditure for one week: 387.85 Egyptian Pounds or $68.53



Ecuador:
The Ayme family of Tingo
Food expenditure for one week: $31.55



Bhutan: The Namgay family of Shingkhey Village
Food expenditure for one week: 224.93 ngultrum or $5.03



Chad: The Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp
Food expenditure for one week: 685 CFA Francs or $1.23




1 comment:

  1. Wow, did you see that one family from Mexico had 12 bottles of coke... that is excessive even for me, no wonder those kids were so chubby! Oh, yeah, you probably don't want to post this for everyone to read. This is an amazing blog, I might have to steal it! Oh yeah and the family from Germany.... I was jealous with all of the wine- 4 bottles in a week, now that is a good week! I also thought it was interesting how the cost of food was inversely related to family size. Great post! - oh yeah we also still need to get you guys to photograph us- yeah and I also had some sugar today.

    ReplyDelete

College Graduation

 Josiah recently completed his degree at Boise State University!  He graduated with a History/Sociology Secondary Education degree and alrea...