Monday, May 9, 2011

Because I can count on you...

Because I don't think too many crazy people read my blog here in Ecuador....I feel safe to tell you that Chad did not make it home tonight.  He flew out late to a community to pick up a pregnant lady who was bitten by a snake.  By the time he got there, there wasn't enough time to come all the way back.  Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call at 7:00 this evening from him!  (There's not a lot of cell coverage in the jungle!)  He was able to fly to a village that has a military base, and therefore some medical care.  But, he said the patient wasn't doing well and they are wondering if she will make it through the night.  That's why I'm sharing this. 

Could you please pray for this woman and her baby?  I'm not sure if they could give her the anti-venom or not.  The military doctor was mad at Chad for bringing her there - but he didn't have many options.  I'm sure she was just frustrated with the resources she had available to help the patient.

Thanks!  It's so great knowing that I can count on you all to take a minute and pray!

1 comment:

College Graduation

 Josiah recently completed his degree at Boise State University!  He graduated with a History/Sociology Secondary Education degree and alrea...