Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Annie's Visit

Chad's mom was able to visit us last week, thanks to our very generous church back home.  She has been here before, but it had been a while.  The kids LOVED having their Grandma's undivided attention.  She's a great playmate!

The bummer was that she arrived late Friday night, we traveled back to Shell on Saturday (we picked her up in Quito, which is 4-5 hours away), and then on Sunday I proceeded to sprain my ankle while playing ultimate Frisbee.    This is after talking about a friend's son who had sprained his the week before and I mentioned that I had never sprained an ankle!   The great thing about the ordeal was that we play ultimate with mostly doctors.  I even had a surgeon make a house-call to make sure I was ok.   I'm not sure if he was being kind or if he felt bad that he was involved in my accident!  Ok, maybe both!  I can now attest to the fact that a sprained ankle is SUPER painful.  All of this to say, I wasn't the best hostess for my mother-in-law.  Thankfully Chad had already planned to take some vacation days - otherwise Annie wouldn't have had much fun with this couch potatoe!





This is the presidential "vacation" house on the military base.  It might be a bit below US presidential standards!

Inside the presidential house.


I'm not sure what they were talking about....but it looks like the pig is MAD!



This is the volcano Cotopaxi.  Believe it or not I took this as we were speeding by.

This is the beginnings of an Ecuadorian version of Mt. Rushmore...ok, just kidding.  It's really a "controlled" landslide.  There are track-hoes at the top making it slide.  That's not a job I would want!



No comments:

Post a Comment

College Graduation

 Josiah recently completed his degree at Boise State University!  He graduated with a History/Sociology Secondary Education degree and alrea...