Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lou

When we arrived back in Shell after furlough, I noticed that Lou our 11 year-old beagle was pretty thin.  At first I was happy, and then as I was petting her I noticed her glands were super enlarged under her neck where I would usually rub her.  We decided to take her to the vet just in case it was something treatable.  But, unfortunately the positive results that we received a couple of years ago that said she had cancer, were all thrown back in our faces again.  She rapidly declined in the last two months.  So, last night was a super tough night in the Irwin household, as we said goodby to Lou.  Lots and lots of emotions were flowing and I've found myself so angry that I feel such a hole in our lives just because of a dog.  How can that be?  But, she had been a part of our family since Olivia was 1 and our friends had to move back to the US.  Since Chad and I both grew up with beagles, we had always told them we would take her if they needed to leave.  What a great decision that was.  Lou was a great dog and we will miss her.




1 comment:

  1. Ah man, I am so sorry. We know this pain. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

College Graduation

 Josiah recently completed his degree at Boise State University!  He graduated with a History/Sociology Secondary Education degree and alrea...